2011-11-16

Spicy Cajun Cauliflower Snack

A week or two ago my sister-in-law gave me another great recipe that I just had to try!  She sent me this link from the Weight Watchers website.  The only change I made was to add a bit of cayenne pepper and cajun seasoning.  Hope you enjoy this guilt-free snack just as much as I do!

Spicy Cajun Cauliflower Snack

Ingredients: 
1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite size florets (helpful video)
1/2 t ground cumin
1/2 t chili powder
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1 t cajun seasoning
salt and pepper to taste


Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray, or cover with alumninum foil and spray for easy cleanup. Place cut cauliflower in a medium size bowl (there should be 4-5 c when cut), and add seasonings.  Toss to coat well.  Spread spiced cauliflower evenly on baking sheet and bake till cauliflower is tender with a fork, but not wilt-y or mushy.  Stir and turn cauliflower halfway through baking.  This took me ten minutes total to bake.  

Amy's notes: Serve cauliflower warm or cold.  I kept leftovers in a large storage plastic bag and used them for snacking all week.  I bet this would be a great recipe for a Thanksgiving party for pre-dinner snacking I know we all do!  Pair with roasted red pepper hummus for a great flavor combo!

What is your favorite "go-to" snacking items at parties?

No comments:

Post a Comment