2014-02-17

Bountiful Basket 2

I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend!  My Saturday was spent picking up my Bountiful Basket, going grocery shopping, and eating lunch with my mom.  Later in the afternoon, Kevin and I went to a wedding reception of some friends that had gotten married in Hawaii last month.  Then at night, our friends picked us up in a party bus to be taken around downtown for one of our good friend's birthdays.  Overall, it was tons of fun, but I needed some serious hydrating the next day from all of the running around and the couple of drinks I had.

Sunday, Kevin and I gloriously slept in, then watched James Bond and got some laundry and knitting done.  I was able to prep a bit of food for this week to hopefully keep me on track this week (but more on that in tomorrow's post).

I'm kicking myself for forgetting to take a picture of my Bountiful Basket in its entirety this weekend, but here is a quick picture of my fairly full fridge (note that some things are Kevin's like the milk, eggs, and yogurt) and a list of what came in the basket this week:



  • 1 large head green leaf lettuce (it is hidden in my VegiBag to the left on my middle shelf)
  • 3 leeks
  • 1 bag carrots
  • 1 bag small green apples
  • 1 bag mandrin oranges
  • 1 acorn squash
  • several large golden potatoes
  • several medium tomatoes
  • several very green bananas that will be ripe in a decade ;)
  • 1 bundle of spinach
  • 1 pineapple
I don't think that I will be getting a Bountiful Basket this week, as I feel like I have enough produce to get through as it is, and Kevin and I might be taking a trip to Montana to see my brother and lovely pregnant-with-twins sister in law.  I have a few things that I have been knitting for the babies that I hope to finish in time for when we see them next.

Tonight I will be utilizing some of my BB produce from this week and last week with a recipe from Dr. Fuhrman's Member Center: Asparagus, Mushroom, and Leek Ragout

I'm sorry, but the recipe link will only work for Dr. Fuhrman Members!  If you don't already have a membership, it is only $3.95 a month for the Silver Membership (which I have), and it gives you access to many tools including discussion forums, and my favorite, all of Dr. Fuhrman's most popular recipes.  I believe on the website he has over 1000.  I would highly recommend it when the cost is less than the cost of a latte  per month (not that we drink those liquid calories anyways).

I'll make sure to post pictures of how the recipe came out!  Until tomorrow.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment